COPA follows national, state, and regional health authority recommendations that all eligible ages in the United States should receive the full COVID-19 vaccine series.
Appointments are now available for COPA patients age 6 months and up to receive the COVID-19 vaccination series at their regularly scheduled well-child visit or other scheduled clinic visits. Patients may also schedule vaccine-specific appointments at special times available at certain COPA locations throughout the week. Call 541-389-6313 for more information.
COVID-19 PRIMARY VACCINE SERIES
Children age 6 months to 4 years will receive either a 3-dose Pfizer primary series or 2-dose Moderna primary series.
Children age 5 to 11 years will receive a 2-dose primary series of either Pfizer or Moderna with their second injection a minimum three weeks after the first.
Males age 12 and up will receive their second injection 8 weeks after the first.
COVID-19 BOOSTER SHOT RECOMMENDATIONS
- Children ages 5 through 11 years who received a two dose primary series of Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine should receive a Pfizer booster dose a minimum of five months after the second dose. Booster doses are not recommended for children who received the Moderna vaccine.
- Children ages 5 through 11 years who are moderately or severely immunocompromised should receive a booster three months after completing their primary series.
- Adolescents ages 12 through 17 should receive a single Pfizer-BioNTech Bivalent booster vaccine a minimum 8 weeks after either:
– Completion of primary vaccination series with any authorized or approved monovalent COVID-19 vaccine, or– Receipt of the most recent booster dose with any authorized or approved monovalent COVID-19 vaccine.
- CDC recommends waiting a minimum three months after a confirmed COVID illness to get a booster vaccine.
- CDC recommends that everyone ages 50 years and older who received any COVID-19 booster dose—as well as everyone ages 12 years and older who are moderately or severely immunocompromised—should receive a second booster dose using an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine.
- Immunocompromised children should contact your Primary Care Physician (PCP) for personal consultation regarding your child’s specific recommendations for the vaccine. More information is available at this link.
IF YOU ARE A COPA PATIENT, SCHEDULE YOUR VACCINATION APPOINTMENT BY CALLING 541-389-6313
Children ages 12 – 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at COPA to receive a vaccination. COPA patients age 15 and up are welcome to schedule their own vaccine at COPA or walk-in to participating pharmacies and medical clinics (see below).
CENTRAL OREGON REGIONAL VACCINE AVAILABILITY
Check first with your primary care provider for the COVID-19 vaccine. See the links below for other vaccine locations.
COPA follows the recommendations published by the Centers for Disease Control.
TESTING FOR COVID-19
COPA offers its current patients both a rapid COVID antigen test (SOFIA) that has results in 15 minutes, and a NAAT test (HOLOGIC) that offers increased ability to detect the COVID virus with a turn-around time of 24-48 hrs. We also have in-house Cepheid PCR testing available, with turn-around results within 35 minutes. Call COPA to schedule a COVID test after exposure to COVID or concerns with medical symptoms.
COPA is now offering COVID testing for events or travel.
The State offers more information for local COVID-19 testing sites. https://govstatus.egov.com/or-oha-covid-19-testing
St Charles Hospital System COVID-19 testing information. https://www.stcharleshealthcare.org/covid-19/covid-testing-locations-and-hours
COPA recommends following the Deschutes County Guidelines for quarantine when exposed to an individual with COVID-positive test results.
TRANSPORTATION FOR COVID-19 RELATED VACCINE SERVICES
Medical transportation: For PacificSource OHP, call LogistiCare: 855-397-3619. Please allow 48-hours notice to arrange a ride.
Sisters to Redmond: STARS 541-904-5545 or email email@example.com.
Dial-A-Ride: Cascade East Transit 541-385-8680. Please call at least 24 hours in advance of the appointment and ask for a separate return trip.
Check with Uber and Lyft which are offering discounted rides for those needing transportation to get a vaccine.
PRIMARY DATA SOURCES FOR COVID-19
COVID-19 VACCINE RESEARCH DATA and RESOURCES
COVID-19 and MASKS
COVID-19 PREVENTION IN SCHOOLS