COPA follows national, state, and regional health authority recommendations that all eligible ages in the United States should receive the full COVID-19 vaccine series.
Appointments are now available for COPA patients age 6 months and up to receive the COVID-19 vaccination series at their regularly scheduled well-child visit or other non-respiratory symptom appointments. Patients may also schedule vaccine-specific appointments at special clinics available at certain COPA locations throughout the week. Call 541-389-6313 for more information.
COVID-19 PRIMARY VACCINE SERIES
Children age 6 months to 4 years will receive either a 3-dose Pfizer primary series or 2-dose Moderna primary series.
Children age 5 years and up will receive a 2-dose primary series of either Pfizer or Moderna with their second injection three weeks after the first.
Males age 12 and up will receive their second injection 8 weeks after the first.
COVID-19 BOOSTER SHOT RECOMMENDATIONS
- Children ages 5 through 11 years who received a two dose primary series of Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine should be given a booster dose five months after the second dose.
- Children ages 5 through 11 years who are moderately or severely immunocompromised should receive a booster three months after completing their primary series.
- CDC continues to recommend a booster for children and adolescents ages 12 through 17.
- Only the Pfizer-BioNTech booster vaccine is authorized and recommended for children 5 through 17 years old.
- CDC strengthened its COVID-19 vaccination guidance to recommend that everyone ages 50 years and older who received any COVID-19 booster dose—as well as everyone ages 12 years and older who are moderately or severely immunocompromised—should receive a second booster dose using an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine.
- Immunocompromised children should contact your Primary Care Physician (PCP) for personal consultation regarding your child’s specific recommendations for the vaccine. More information is available at this link.
IF YOU ARE A COPA PATIENT, SCHEDULE YOUR VACCINATION APPOINTMENT BY CALLING 541-389-6313
Children ages 12 – 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to receive a vaccination. Individuals age 15 and up are welcome to schedule their own vaccine or walk-in to participating pharmacies and medical clinics (see below).
For more appointment availability, please look to the links below for area vaccine locations.
CENTRAL OREGON REGIONAL VACCINE AVAILABILITY
COPA follows the recommendations published by the Centers for Disease Control.
TESTING FOR COVID-19
COPA offers its current patients both a rapid COVID antigen test (SOFIA) that has results in 15 minutes, and a NAAT test (HOLOGIC) that offers increased ability to detect the virus with a turn-around time of 24-48 hrs. Call COPA to schedule a COVID test after exposure to COVID or concerns with medical symptoms.
COPA is not offering COVID testing for events or travel.
Read more about interpreting the Sofia SARS Antigen Test (rapid) results, the different types of tests for COVID, and what to do if you’ve been exposed.
Update 01.05.22: Deschutes County Health Services, Central Oregon Community College and the Oregon Health Authority are partnering to offer the first no-cost rapid PCR testing site in Oregon. Appointments are available in Bend and Redmond. https://www.deschutes.org/health/page/covid-19-testing
The State offers more information for local COVID-19 testing sites. https://govstatus.egov.com/or-oha-covid-19-testing
St Charles Hospital System COVID-19 testing information. https://www.stcharleshealthcare.org/covid-19/covid-testing-locations-and-hours
COPA recommends following the Deschutes County Guidelines for quarantine when exposed to an individual with COVID-positive test results.
TRANSPORTATION FOR COVID-19 RELATED VACCINE SERVICES
Medical transportation: For PacificSource OHP, call LogistiCare: 855-397-3619. Please allow 48-hours notice to arrange a ride.
Sisters to Redmond: STARS 541-904-5545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dial-A-Ride: Cascade East Transit 541-385-8680. Please call at least 24 hours in advance of the appointment and ask for a separate return trip.
Check with Uber and Lyft which are offering discounted rides for those needing transportation to get a vaccine.
PRIMARY DATA SOURCES FOR COVID-19
COVID-19 VACCINE RESEARCH DATA and RESOURCES
COVID-19 and MASKS
COVID-19 PREVENTION IN SCHOOLS